In today’s times, the customer is treated like a king. He has so many options to choose from. The same applies to Domains as well. So, if you are not happy with the services or the features offered by the current Registrar, you can transfer the domain. Mostly the pricing plays an important factor in transferring the domain. In such cases, Hostwinds offers the best solution.
So, if you are looking to transfer the domain to Hostwinds, simply follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. First and foremost, it is essential to create a Hostwinds Account
2. The domain must be unlocked from the Current Registrar
3. The EPP code should be ready and kept handy
4. Login to the Client Area and from there go to Services and then ‘Order New Services’ section
5. In the Actions column, select the heading ‘Transfer in a Domain’
6. In the new page that is opened, enter the details of the domain to be transferred and enter the EPP code.
7. At the end of the form, a button will be mentioned ‘Add to Cart’. Select it.
8. A check out screen will appear if the domain is still available and additional configuration options will have to be entered such as the EPP code, Domain Privacy, etc
9. Select the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ button
10. This is the final screen wherein you will have to create the registered email for the Hostwinds account. If you already are a Hostwinds Client, then just go to the ‘Click Here to Login’ link and sign in. here again, the correct address details will be required to be entered.
11. Recheck all the information that you provided is free of errors. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. Here the price for the domain name will be shown. Recheck the same and once everything is sure, select or click on the ‘Complete Order’.
These are the above steps that need to be completed to transfer a Domain to Hostwinds. Even though the domain transfer steps are not very complicated, sometimes, however, an error might be encountered, and the transfer might fail. This could be because of Time related or Domain related Restrictions. It can also be due to Authentication Restrictions. There is nothing to worry about as the Hostwinds support team is ready to handle it. They can be contacted via Live Chat or through a phone call.
Note:- There is a Black Friday deal is going on check out this Hostwinds Black Friday deals 2020 to get huge discount
The steps to be undertaken if a transfer has failed:
1. Open a ticket to the Billing team.
2. Inform them that the transfer has failed and mentioned the reason for the same
3. The Billing team will get the process restarted without any additional charges.
The domain transfer can take any time from 3 to 10 business days to complete. So please keep this in mind before starting out the process. If you are using a third party to host your website and email, then it will not be affected by the domain name transfer. However, if the website and email are hosted by the Registrar, then it will be affected.
Because of regular updates, it is very important to be aware of the recent changes. Hence before you embark on this process of transferring a domain to Hostwinds, please ensure that you are updated with the latest steps.